Blessed to see this little face… two years since diagnosis and going strong.😻
Around this day two years ago, I noticed Rusty’s back leg was swollen. A few days later the trips to the doctor began, first thinking that it was an injury, then an infection, and finally after a few weeks determining it was cancer.
( The complete story of our journey, including the photos of Rusty, home improvements for Rusty and more can be found here https://rustythebunnyman.tripawds.com/2017/10/11/a-whole-new-life/.)
Rusty’s 2nd ampuversary is in September. He will probably celebrate in a kitty cat onesie. The lump on his shoulder will be removed around the same time. (Dr. Scott is pretty certain it is a cyst.) It will still be the best 2nd anniversary that we could think of ever celebrating.
We have so much to be thankful for every day:
- That we saw this soon enough to take care of it
- Rusty’s Grandma, we were fortunate enough to be able to act on this and give our Bunnyman a chance at a wonderful continued life.
- Rusty’s Auntie Barb
- Went to every appointment with us to make sure we were hearing everything that was being said.
- Helped calm Mommy down when Rusty refused his meds
- Helped Mommy get him into the carrier after the surgery when she thought she was going to rip open his stitches.
- Still helps care for him when his hoomins have to go away
We were also blessed to find this site and the people here to help us through every life changing moment.
He has continued to bring us so much joy and has become an even more loving creature than he was before- allowing belly rubs (by certain people) and lots of head scritches, hanging out with family and friends when they visit, cuddling with his humans every night and just being a wonderful Lord and Master for us to serve.
Thank you to everyone here for their support of Rusty the Bunnyman and his humble hoomin servants.
Head Scritches and Sand Paper Kisses for all.
Gina, Nick and Rusty our Bunnyman.